Jing (from the makers of the iPad screen recorder ScreenChomp, which we covered in a previous post) is a Windows / Mac screen recorder that helps you EASILY create short screen videos that can help teach your students!
Think of the learning possibilities available when you can record the contents of your computer screen - AND provide narration ...
- Demonstrate the steps required to execute multi-step computer processes (like entering Microsoft Excel formulas, or creating a Table of Contents in Microsoft Word).
- Troubleshoot computer problems quickly by recording a video that shares all the user's steps!
- Create training documents with great screen shots!
- It's FREE!
- Easy to install and use.
- Produces clear, vivid screen shots and video.
- Videos can be no longer than 5 minutes long.
- Videos must be uploaded to Screencast.com. You then share a link with your audience to allow them to view. For videos longer than 5 minutes that can be easily shared to YouTube, try SnagIt ($49.95).
Please share your thoughts on these "Big Ideas" and best practices by leaving comments below. Email us or follow us on Twitter @dbrowndbrown to submit your own "Big Ideas" and best practices!