Talk: "DataRules" (17m42s)
KnowledgeBase Principal Consultant Derrick Brown defines "data (facts & figures)", "information (understood data)", "knowledge (actualized information)", and "performance management (converting data to information to knowledge to drive improvement)".
- Provost Academy (February 6, 2013)
- Data Roles (July 27, 2013)
- CharterData SWTO (July 12, 2013)
- School Improvement Plans & Processes
Reach - Then Teach
- Reach - Then Teach (Workshop)
- Reach - Then Teach (Book)
- Change The World (150-Word Commencement Speech)
- Talk To Me
- Using TTM
- Now You Know - WIWIHK
- Now You Know - Money Math
- Nine Mens' Morris
- Writing Your First Business Plan
- TPT Store: http://bitly.com/tpt_db
DataTalk: CRCT Performance Index Honor Roll
KnowledgeBase Principal Consultant Derrick Brown leads a "DataDialogue" to analyze 2013 CRCT results.
- CRCT Performance Index Honor Roll (Meets & Exceeds) (PDF)
- CRCT Performance Index Honor Roll (Scale Score) (PDF)
- CRCT Analysis (2011-2013) (M&E) (XLS)
- EOCT History
- "Superset" Card
- 2011-2012 Annual Report
- Data-Driven Dialogue (per Susan Cannon) (PDF)
Workshop: Skills & Drills: Building Pivot Tables Using Microsoft Excel
... to produce the following Pivot Table ...
Team members were then challenged to build their "skill" by completing a "drill" that involved using progressively larger versions of the dataset above.
Using larger data sets helps to build a user's appreciation for the accuracy, efficiency, and simplicity with which Pivot Tables are constructed - no matter how much data needs to be summarized!
To probe further, please check out the tutorial video below that summarizes the workshop ...