This store finances our "Reach - Then Teach" Leadership Cohort's projects.
These are a few of our favorite things (available here!):
- Athletic (Adidas, Nike) and Business Apparel (Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren)
- Books (including Bibles, Manuals; and Engineering, Latin, Math & Science (STEM) Textbook Teacher Editions)
- Calculators (HP 48 Series Scientific & Graphing Calculators)
- Golf Equipment (Clubs, Instruction Books, Accessories)
- Musical Instruments
- Software (Microsoft Frontpage, Office, Project, Publisher, Visual Basic)
Visit us - we value your business and feedback!
Email: derrick.s.brown at att.net
Facebook: Reach - Then Teach
We help people to help people.
- We used eBay to develop a catalog of proprietary search algorithms to identify, purchase, and resell items on eBay, Amazon, and TeachersPayTeachers (December 2015 – February 2016).
- We built a nationwide sourcing database to identify “fast” used Dell laptop computers for purchase, deployment, and resale (October – November 2015).
- We helped a local homeowners’ association (HOA) create an online “geomap” of recent crimes occurring within a one-mile radius of its community to support their safety efforts (November 2015).
- We helped a Georgia online school account for 2000+ laptops purchased through federal grants that were distributed statewide to its faculty, staff, and students. (May – July 2015)
- We helped that same Georgia online school to archive and index academic course details for the 5,000+ students it enrolled from 2012-2015. The index allowed the school to respond quickly to open records requests from parents. (August - September 2015).
KnowledgeBase Principal Consultant Derrick Brown (a publisher, filmmaker, executive coach & registered mediator with engineering degrees from Clemson and Georgia Tech) leads the cohort.
“Our previous 2 cohorts have teamed high school & college students with experienced professionals in creative, unconventional ways,” said Brown.
“For example, each member is a mentor and mentee – depending on our project. When we helped a local school keep iPhones off the school’s network, our younger members led that effort.”
“The older members led when we supported a homeowner association’s outreach effort by mapping its surrounding communities online.”
“Members are pleasantly surprised to learn that they are paid for their solutions. My mission is to coach each cohort to victory in ways that help our project partners reach their goals.”
“I love to engage innovators who like to solve problems and help people. I am the product of mentoring relationships, peacemaking, and problem solving. I am simply teaching what I have been taught, while continuing to learn from my students.”
In addition to the external projects, Brown also teaches and trains members by conducting workshops on diverse topics like creative problem solving, data analysis & visualization, conflict resolution, game design, and filmmaking.
“These workshops develop and sharpen our mental, physical, and strategic tools. This teaching, coupled with nurturing and guidance, produces personal growth and great fruit. The fruit is then used to feed and replant.”
My *other* passion is empowering people via methods that balance skill & will, analysis & synthesis, ideas & execution, and activity & achievement.
I am the product of my mentoring relationships, peacemaking (and peacekeeping), and problem-solving ability.
I am a publisher, filmmaker, executive coach & registered mediator with engineering degrees from Clemson and Georgia Tech.
My education began when I finished school.
After school, I enrolled in a lifelong curriculum that includes the following classes ...
- ministry (serving people)
- entrepreneurship (developing solutions that serve people)
- stewardship (taking care of relationships, possessions, talents, body, mind, and time)
- literacy (reading & writing skills)
- numeracy (math skills)
- language (communication skills)
- self-expression (sharing "who you are")
- self-identity (knowing "who you are")
- analysis & synthesis (solving problems & sharing solutions)
KnowledgeBase is a ministry that has evolved from wisdom earned through lessons learned.
I want to share this wisdom to build teams of "triple threat" fellows - mentors, mediators, and problem solvers.
We will collaborate in simple, powerful ways that allow us to help people.
I now know that power is work done efficiently (with wise and skillful use of resources, interests, communication, and expertise).